Tuesday, June 10, 2014

AER Conference Presentation

In April, I presented a workshop at the AER Conference in Virginia. I am sharing some of the slides from my part of the presentation. 

Many of my students have Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI). I love the blank books from www.barebooks.com. The shiny red paper comes on a roll from the Dollar Tree. I got 11 - 12 pages from each roll. I used double sided adhesive paper on the back.

 On The Way to Literacy Books are available from APH. Consider making a kit to go with them to use not only with your student but your student's peers.

Story bags are available from APH. I like to use them to keep a student's Dots for Tots materials from the Braille Institute. You can also use them to keep together a student's objects for a calendar or a favorite book.

Feel and Peel Carousel of Textures has to be one of my favorite products from APH. This picture is a binder that I created so that students with CVI had their favorite background when making choices.

The Carousel of Textures makes a nice addition to the Rolling Right Along Construction Kit. I also enjoy letting students use textured cutout to make repeated line books.

They Symbols and Meaning Kit is a newer product from APH. I like using the plastic pages to make books for students.

 I used rubber cement on the back of these numbers so that they are restickable. I used the textured paper from the Carousel of Textures from APH.



No comments:

Post a Comment