Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Activities


Here are some of the activities that I used with my students this month. After reading the book, we played a game. I didn't have a spinner so I used a picture cube. Students took turns rolling the cube. If they rolled something they didn't need, they lost their turn. The first one to complete their pumpkin face was the winner. The pumpkins are sparkly foam. I used Boardmaker pictures for the cube. I used foam circles for the eyes, seasonal pom poms for the nose and a foam mouth. The yellow tray made a great background for my students with visual impairments. Each student started by making a choice of pumpkin color.

The other activity pictured here is a sorting activity. Students had to decide if the gourd was bumpy or smooth. It is difficult to see here, but the augmentative communication devices has a bumpy texture on the button for bumpy.

Bright colors and textures not only help my students with visual impairments, but also add interest for all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment